Sunday, 13 January 2013

Sons of Horus - First test marine

Having received my SoH shoulder pads and the bolt pistols I have been able to crack on with the painting. I decided to paint one test model before going at the whole squad.

The first thing I did was mix up enough of the base colour to make 2 pots worth. This should see me through the whole army hopefully but otherwise I am pretty confident I can recreate it easily enough having noted down rough measurements.

Here is the progress on the tac marine, as always feedback is welcomed:

Basecoat and wash 1
Wash 2
Reapplication of base layer
Grime, battle damage and a small amount of blood staining added to face plate and chest plate

More to come by the end of the week...


  1. Im loving the look of these mate the damage and grime looks spot on

  2. Yeah these are spot on. Looking forward to seeing the full squad!